up close and personal
two Petting Zoos
Interact with our array of exotic and farm animals. Pet baby kangaroos, see our fainting goats and much more!
Meet our animals
What you need to know
know before you go
Admission to the Kangaroo Petting Zoo is included with General Admission!
Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult in the Kangaroo Petting Zoo.
For the safety and comfort of both customers and petting zoo animals, the Kangaroo Petting Zoo closes at 7pm for all evening events.
2022 Spring Hours
Saturdays & Sundays starting May 21st: 11am to 5pm
Holiday Mondays (Victoria Day – May 23) 11am to 5pm
2022 Summer Hours (June 29 through Sept 5)
Wednesday to Sunday: 11am to 5pm
Holiday Mondays (Heritage Day – August 1, Labour Day – Sept 5): 11am to 5pm
CLOSED August 21 for a private event
2022 Fall Hours (September 9 through October 30)
Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays: 11am to 5pm
Holiday Monday (Thanksgiving Day – Oct. 11): 11am to 5pm
Friday and Saturday evenings in October (Oct. 14,15, 21, 22, 28 & 29) 6pm to 10pm
Private Group Tours for up to 10 people can be booked during our closed hours for $250+GST. Additional guests can be added to your group for $20+GST per person. Food can be preordered for your group for $11+GST per person as well. Contact Us To Book Your Private Visit Now
What you need to know
faqs about our animals
- Bennett's wallabies are originally from Tasmania, an island state off the southern coast of Australia. Our wallabies at Cobb's are born and raised Canadians! About 30 years ago, kangaroos and wallabies were being culled in many areas of Australia and New Zealand. A Canadian adopted many of these animals and built a sanctuary for them to live in! This is where our wallabies are from!
- Red Kangaroos live throughout central Australia.
- Their vegetarian diet consists mainly of grasses, herbs and leaves.
- Bennett's Wallabies grow to be about 3 feet tall and can grow to be as heavy as 20 kg.
- Red Kangaroos grow to be about 3-7 feet tall and can grow to be as heavy as 50kg.
- They generally live to be about 12 years old but can sometimes live to be over 15 years old!
- The Bennett's Wallaby has the densest coat of all the kangaroos, making it a successful resident in cooler climates. It actually snows in Tasmania, where they are originally from (they also have a nice, warm house at Cobb's)!
- Wallabies are part of the kangaroo family - Macropodidae - which includes kangaroos, wallabies, tree-kangaroos, pademelons, quokkas, and several other macropod marsupials.
- Marsupials are mammals that bear their young at a premature stage in their development and raise their infant to a juvenile stage in an anatomical pouch. Some marsupials include: kangaroos, wallabies, koalas, opposums, sugar gliders, wombats
- Macropod means "Big Foot” - Macropods have large hind feet, long powerful tails, relatively small heads, large ears and on the females, forward opening pouches.
- There are over 15 different types of animals at Cobb's , and over 100 animals in total!
Find your adventure at cobbs
Check out our Kangaroo Petting Zoo, Pedal Carts, Tractor Ride, Giant Slides, Black Light Minigolf & more outdoor fun for all!
FROM THE COMFORT OF HOME
JUST YOU AND THE 'ROOS
Book a 2 hour Private Group Tour off days/hours for up to 10 people for $250. Additional people can be added and food can be preordered for your group!